Market Ready workshop “the Brand”

On this day workshop we were asked to go out and look for brands around the uni area. This would help us to better understand how visual language needs to be used when related to a product. We went to knock at restaurants and asked for menus to take with us, into tattoo shops and collect some business cards, nail shops, supermarkets and fried chicken shops around spitalfield area. That was going to help us to know how we wanted our logo to be created, so thinking about type, colours, space and everything that together brings a proper visual language to our product.

I believe that this workshop was very useful since not many companies know much about design and logos and unfortunately some of them were visually ugly  and “cheap” designs while some others were clean and easy to understand. After this workshop we are going to have a better idea on what use in our logo, thanks to Damahn which is willing to participate in our group and help us deliver an outstanding logo for our product.

Market Ready workshop “the Brand”

Project 2 Sound, set & action (5)

Easter Holiday. Perfect time for me to get all my projects done before the end of this amazing (and not yet finished) first year of uni.

After researching a lot for real and serious intentions of getting a good stop motion video, I can say that I have finally made one (I’m very happy of the results!) and even though I know I won’t be the best in a digital platform neither I’m not looking to become one of the best. I know what is my potential and I can only adjust and perfect it in a personal way and listen to other people’s opinion.

This project really put me down. I could not translate my ideas into reality and it drove me crazy. But that’s why we are at uni right? Sometimes we forget that this is not a competition with ourselves and I committed that mistake.

It is just a 30 seconds video, and following the limits we had to consider I can finally say I’m satisfied with the results.

This is what a big research, technical improvements and patience can do (and forcing my boyfriend to do sounds and voices was actually fun).

Video 4 out of 4



Project 2 Sound, set & action (5)

Project 2 Sound, set & action (4)

This is definitely the most difficult project I never came across.

Back at square one, I found myself looking for another idea and completely in panic.

The toilet paper was not appropriate for painting at all.

I wanted to keep the idea of the little cutted cards moving around the scene so I changed it, by using posts its and typography. After a critical day at uni I decided it was time to change completely (again) and move forward with something new.

Never adjust experiments, create something new.

This video below is what I brought to the table.

A project that reflects my weakness and lack of digital work and editing.

I still have some easter holidays left and I’m sure I can get something that reflects my personality better and I will find a way out!


Project 2 Sound, set & action (4)

Project 2 Sound, set & action (3)

I started organizing my thoughts, choosing the materials,  the narrative and the sounds.

At first it seemed impossible and now I found myself struggling to find a “great” idea looking at the ceiling and it was bringing me nowhere. After many breaks (way too many), I ended up finding inspiration looking at simple object/material found around me.

Toilet paper, (yeah, I was in the loo when I had the idea) maybe that could be an “original” way of creating my first stop motion movie?

I know how difficult it is to prove yourself when you don’t have basic skills and knowledge in a specific field like digital platforms but I needed to translate my ideas faster!

Here is the first trial.

Badly Drawn Boy – ‘Once Around The Block’


Video N 1out of 4.


Project 2 Sound, set & action (3)

Project 2 Sound, set & action (2)


Making an animation with the stop motion technique, interpreting a piece of audio, make it 30 second long, while communicating a narrative and produce a triptych – this was the brief. We started a conversation about how to approach briefs, and this one in particular.

After, we watched other video examples, and one that really stood out for me was Procrastination by John Kelly.

Later on we started using a storyboard and by listening the track of our choice we needed to match it with a narrative, everything in just few minutes to keep it as instinctive and creative as possible. The experimentation began.



File_000 (2).jpeg




Project 2 Sound,set & action (1)

Today was the introduction of a new exciting project: animation using stop frame.

We began the session by watching videos of  all sorts that have been made using stop motions. It is a technique quite common these days, mostly in the music field and it was quite interesting the amount of original ideas we were able to see.

It was a scary project at first, since I never had any approach to animation before. Basic skills are required for digital work, so what really helped me was drawing a brainstorm map.

I came up with some ideas … Now to transfer those ideas into reality!






Project 2 Sound,set & action (1)